It is the desire of the Safety and Security Department at Options to remain prepared to defend and protect the Options family and serve all who depend on us to be prepared in any situation. Our department consistently evaluates policies and procedures to protect and serve the Options community. Feel free to contact us with any and all needs.
On a daily basis, our Safety and Security Department connects with our students and employees to create a relationship of trust and open communication.
- Anonymous Reporting
- Resources for Responding to Suicide in Hamilton County
- Bullying and Cyberbullying Prevention and Response
- Corporate Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Online Teen Safety Guide
Armed Security Changes
- Security was enhanced in January 2019 with the introduction of a Director of School safety on campus.
- In addition, Options is expanding its security presence on campus for the 2019-20 school year by adding a team of Safety Specialists.
- In addition, Options is expanding our armed presence on campus for the 2019-20 school year with board approval of an Armed Security Policy for our security officers to carry a weapon while on duty. We are implementing this policy in order to be positioned to both deter and respond to any situation that would put Options families or employees in danger.
- Our security officers have gone through significant firearms and de-escalation training as well as an evaluation program in order to meet the requirements to carry a weapon on campus.
- Any parent desiring more information about the specific training for the Armed Security should reach out directly to Eric Walden (email@example.com) for additional follow up.
Additional Security Enhancements
While we do not publish every security enhancement and change we are making, please know that our Director of School Safety is actively and continually improving the culture of safety on our campus. As we practice A.L.I.C.E. through our lockdown drills throughout the year, we encourage you to engage with your students on the topic of school safety.
Options Charter Schools is committed to providing a safe, comfortable learning environment for all students. Incidents that do not make you feel safe or comfortable can be reported directly to a trusted adult at your school. This online form may also be used to report these incidents. You may report on something that happened directly to you or something you witnessed.
See Something, Say Something
Options is asking for help in maintaining a culture of safety on our campus. As part of this community, if you see something that concerns you in person or online, please reach out to prevent a tragedy and protect someone from hurting themselves or others. In an emergency call 911, the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255, use the anonymous report on our website or otherwise reach out to our security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Options campus hours for students are school days from 7:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m.
- Between 3:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. students on campus must be at a supervised activity or in one of the following locations
- Night School Classroom
- After School Care (designated area)
- All students who participate in the normal school day must be picked up by 3:30 p.m. unless they are participating in or attending a scheduled campus activity.
Arrival & Dismissal Information
- Enter campus from Endeavor Drive and exit on Cumberland Pointe Blvd.
- Drop off before school may be done on the south side of the building at door 10 (high school) and door 6 (middle school) before 8:30 a.m.
- Any student arriving after 8:30 a.m. must be dropped off at the main entrance on the northside of the building at door 1. Students will be required to sign in upon arrival.
- Pick up may be done on the south side of the building from 3 p.m. from door 10 (high school) and door 6 (middle school). If picking up after 3:15 p.m. please ring the doorbell for assistance or call the phone number on the door. (317-773-8659 ext. 1100)
- Drop off before school may be done at the main entrance (door 4) from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Students arriving before 8:30 a.m. will either stay in the lobby or go to the cafeteria.
- Any student arriving after 8:30 a.m. must be dropped off at the main entrance (door 4). Students will be required to sign in upon arrival.
- Pick up may be done from the main entrance from 3 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. If picking up after 3:15 p.m. please ring the doorbell for assistance or call the phone number on the door. (317-815-2098 ext. 2103 or ext. 2112)
- Please utilize the properly-marked “Visitor” parking spots located in front of the main entrance (door 1).
- Please do not park in student or employee parking and do not park along curbs.
- All information for Visiting & Volunteering can be found at OptionsSchools.org/visitor.
- All visitors must register and obtain a visitor’s badge before access will be allowed into the school building. Please display this badge at all times.
- Visitors will be asked for an ID or to turn in their driver’s license while visiting campus.
- Whenever possible, all visits to campus should be scheduled ahead with the school or the employee you are visiting.