The Options @ Growing Minds program is a hybrid school model for students in grades 6-12 located in and around Ft. Wayne and Columbia City, IN (Allen County). Options @ Growing Minds is accredited by the Indiana Department of Education.
Growing Minds is a locally owned, for-profit educational business, that provides educational support services including academic tutoring, life skills, mentoring, and coaching with a desire to partner with a like-missioned school to provide the credit-earning supports for their clients that are eligible for alternative education under IC 20-20-22.
Options @ Growing Minds offers students the relationship-based educational approach unique to the Options schools partnered with the wrap-around services Growing Minds offers its clients. Students attend school physically on-site at Growing Minds for a minimum of 3 hours each day. Students can also elect to enroll in an online program.
– BS Elementary Education & Minor in Special Education
– MEd Curriculum Instruction
– MEd School Administration
When did you join the Options team?
– December 2019
When did you begin working in the field of education?
– first teaching job was in December 1998 at the Alternative Learning Program with Fort Wayne Community Schools in Fort Wayne, IN for grades 6-12.
What do you enjoy most about being part of the Options team?
– I love the fact that the Options team truly believes that all students can achieve. You feel it when you are in the presence of any faculty or staff. I believe in relationships being the key to all students success and the Options team shares that same philosophy as Growing Minds.
What do you enjoy outside of Options?
– I love to spend time with my children who are 2, 4 and 6 as well as my friends and family. I tutor children on my free time and I also enjoy reading and cooking.
Links & Information:
3320 Fairfield Ave.
Fort Wayne, IN 46807