I can’t believe this is my last blog for the 2018 Fall semester! We’ve had a great semester and we want to continue to work towards every student earning every credit! We have some very important information about our last week of the Fall Semester, December 17 – December 21:
- Monday December 17- Tuesday December 18
All students will be preparing for final projects/exams on Monday (Dec. 17) and Tuesday (Dec. 18). It is absolutely essential for your student to be present so they can complete study guides, work on missing assignments, and prepare for the finals on Wednesday.
- Wednesday, December 19-FINALS
All students will complete their final projects/exams on Wednesday, December 19. All students who attend school for a half day will need to be here for a full day in order to finish all of their finals. If this will be an issue due to work schedules, please have your student make arrangements with their teachers. Here is the schedule for the day:
First Block Finals (Period 1) 8:45am-10:15amSecond Block Finals (Period 2)–10:15am-11:45amLunch: 11:45am to 12:30 pmThird Block Finals (Period 3)–12:30pm – 1:45pmFourth Block Finals (Period 4)–1:45pm – 3:00pmAll 5th and 6th period Elective Finals will take place in classrooms on Monday and Tuesday.
- Thursday December 20
This is a make-up day for any student who did not take their final on Wednesday or for any student who took their final and would like to complete any missing assignments to pass their classes. If your student is not passing their classes (at least 60%) by Wednesday December 19, at 6pm, they need to report to school to work with their teachers for additional support. Please check Powerschool on Wednesday evening to check your student’s grades.
- Friday, December 21
We will dismiss school at 11:45am. All student work must be completed and finalized. Please make sure your student is picked up by noon as there will be no after school care. If your student has extenuating circumstances, please make sure you email their teachers so that they can create a plan to complete their finals over winter break.
This is also a make-up day for any student who did not take their final on Wednesday or for any student who took their final and would like to complete any missing assignments to pass their classes. If your student is not passing their classes (at least 60%) by Wednesday December 19, at 6pm, they need to report to school to work with their teachers for additional support.
Winter Break will begin Monday, December 24, 2018 – Monday January 7, 2019
Special thanks to all of our parents who continue to partner with our school to support our students! Have a wonderful holiday and a spectacular New Year!!!
- Testing, and End of 1st Semester
We have approximately 3 weeks remaining until the end of the semester. It is very important your student is in attendance every day as they will be wrapping up final projects and completing any missing assignments.
All students who are currently failing any classes will be attending lunch study hall and possibly after school tutoring until they are passing all of their classes. Camille will be reaching out to parents this week via email to help create a plan in order to best serve our students.
As we approach the testing window, please note that there have been some recent changes to the Graduation Qualifying Exam (GQE). Sophomores who did not pass the I-STEP+10 assessment last academic year (2017-18) now have the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of this requirement. Please read the information below.
Options Charter Schools offers the following in lieu of passing the I-STEP+10.
▪ Passing Score on ASVAB–Students tested in October and will retest in February and April.
▪ Career-Technical Education Concentrator–All juniors are currently enrolled in a CTE concentrator.
If you would like for your Junior level student to opt-out of taking the I-STEP in the Spring semester, please complete the attached form, with signature, and return to school by Thursday, November 29th at 3pm. For your convenience there will also be a paper copy available at the front desk. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please note to the following December calendar events:
- December 7th–Picture Retakes @ 9:30 AM. All new students, students that were absent for the first picture day, or students needing their photo retaken will need to make sure they are present and have their photo taken for a school ID even if you are not purchasing a photo packet.
- December 20th—Annual Cookies and Cocoa competition @ 2:00 PM. Students are encouraged to bring in their favorite baked goods to share. Prizes will be awarded for different categories.
- December 24th– January 7th —Winter Break
- Hello November!
I can’t believe how quickly this semester is moving along. Students will be choosing their electives for the spring semester and our seniors have just finished ordering their graduation gear. Please continue to support your student by checking their grades on PowerSchool every Monday after 6:00 PM. Because of your continued support, our missing assignment list was cut in half this past week.
Here are a few events for the month of November:
- Thursday, November 15th at 9:30 AM –Picture retakes. Please make sure your student is present for retakes if they missed the initial picture day. All students need to have their photo taken for a school ID even if you are not purchasing a photo package.
- Tuesday, November 20th—Our annual family Thanksgiving lunch Feast. Parents are welcome to attend. We will be sending out more information on this event in the near future.
- Wednesday, November 21st-Friday November 23rd—No School for Thanksgiving Break
- Remember we dismiss at 11:45 AM every Friday.
We still have open seats available for enrollment. Please feel free to share this information with your family and friends.
Wishing you a warm and safe November as we enter into the holiday season,
- Happy Fall
Happy Fall! Who else is ready for hoodies, bonfires, boots, jeans, crisp cool air, hot cocoa, football and beautiful fall colors? I know I am! We have a very busy and bustling month ahead. Please make sure you read the following October dates carefully.
October 3rd—Hearing Screenings for all 10th graders and any new student to the Options Charter School Carmel (grades 9-12).
October 5th— Early dismissal (student’s dismissed at 11:45 AM)
October 9th—Picture Day. Students MUST get their photo taken in order to get a school ID even if you are not purchasing a package. Information from Lifetouch will be sent home with your students by Friday, September 28th.
October 10th—PSATs for all sophomores and juniors. We must start the test promptly at 8:30 AM so please ensure your student arrives on time.
October 12th—Early dismissal (student’s dismissed at 11:45 AM)
October 15th-19th—No School (Fall Break)
October 23rd—Herff Jones presentation for Seniors at 9:30 AM (cap & gown, graduation announcements, etc)
October 26th— Early dismissal (student’s dismissed at 11:45 AM)
October 30th—Senior Family Night with Herff Jones 5:00 PM- 7:00 PM (seniors will order their cap & gowns, announcements, etc. Dinner will be served as well.)
October 31st—ASVAB testing for juniors and any senior who would like to retake the exam
The State Bill 65 form will be coming home in the mail next week if we have not already received a copy from you. This will be the final copy that we will be sending out. If we do not receive the form back, the school will assume your approval.
- Mid-term GradesWow! What a great start to the school year. Parents have just received their students’ mid-term grades and students are actively working towards earning credits for the fall semester. Our school year focus is “Every Student, Every Credit, Every Semester.” Please let us know how we can support your student. If you do not have your PowerSchool Login, please email Jenny, firstname.lastname@example.org ,so that you can have access to your student’s grades.Here are some important dates for the month of September:September 17-21–NWEA TestingSeptember 20–Junior/Senior College Fair Field TripSeptember 21—11:45am DismissalSeptember 27–Canoe TripHave a super week and please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns!
- Fall Picnic ’18We are currently finishing up week 5 and students are making adequate progress towards earning credits. Our Fall semester goal is for every student to earn every credit!Students are making up missing assignments in preparation for midterm grade reports. Parents, please make sure you check PowerSchool on Wednesday, September 12. Your student’s mid-term grades will be finalize on September 12th. All students who are failing any class will be asked to make arrangements to stay after school to get additional support from teachers. If you do not have access to your PowerSchool username and password, please email Jenny, email@example.com.Our annual Fall picnic will be Friday, September 7th. Please feel free to donate chips, canned drinks or desserts. This is considered a normal school day for attendance and the expectation is that every student attend the picnic. All students who would like to ride the bus need to be at school no later than 9:00am to secure a seat on the bus. There will be no staff members on campus after 9:15. We will return to school at approximately 2:30pm. Students need to be picked up from campus by 3:00pm.We still have open seats for enrollment! Please feel free to contact family and friends who would like to enroll at Options. We have Open Houses scheduled for Thursday, September 6 & 13.Friendly Reminders for the month of September:Friday September 14, 21, 28–Half Day (Students need to be picked up by 11:45am)NWEA Testing September 17-21Thanks so much for your continued support!
- End of August
I can’t believe August is almost coming to a close! We still have open enrollment and limited seats available. Please feel free to share your student’s experience with other families so they can enroll as well. We have Open Houses for interested families every Thursday from 5:30-7:30.
All junior and senior parents should have received their students’ Spring 2018 ISTEP+ results in the mail. If you did not receive the letter, please email Jenny, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make sure that all seniors are well rested and ready to take the ASVAB on Wednesday, August 28. Seniors can take the ASVAB to qualify for graduation if they have not passed the ISTEP+. They need to arrive by 8:20am.
Student will be dismissed on this Friday, August 31 at 11:45am and Labor Day is Monday, September 3 and we will not have school. Enjoy your three-day weekend!
Our annual Fall picnic will be on Friday, September 7 at Roy G. Holland Memorial Park, 1 Park Dr., Fishers IN, 46038 from 10:00am-1:00pm. Parents can drop off and pick up students from the park. Please feel free to send chips, snacks, soda or desserts with your student.
Here are some friendly reminders of some very important dates for the month of September:
September 14, 21, & 28—Half Day (11:45 dismissal) for Staff Professional Development
September 17-21—NWEA Testing
Have a super week!
- Welcome Back!
Wow! I can’t believe we have finished the first week of school. I am having a blast reconnecting with former students and getting to know our new students. We are moving right along and students should have received their first week’s grades. If you have not already received your Parent Powerschool Login information via email you will be receiving it within the next few days. If you have not received it by the end of the week, please email Jenny, email@example.com.
We are still enrolling students for the 2018-19 school year! We have open house every Thursday from 5:30-7:30. Please feel free to refer families that would like to become a part of our Options family. You can email our Director of Recruitment, CJ Franklin for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, please place the following August events on your calendar:
Friday, August 17—Half day for students, Dismissal at 11:45
Friday, August 24—Half day for students, Dismissal at 11:45
Wednesday August 29—ASVAB for Seniors, 8:30-11:30am
Friday, August 31—Half day for students, Dismissal at 11:45
Looking forward to a great school year!
Camille Scott Tolliver
- Back to School InformationBACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT–Thursday, August 2nd 4:30-7:30pmAll Options families need to attend this event. Parents/guardians will need to complete updated enrollment information, pay book fees and lunch money, sign chromebook agreement forms, and meet with the principal to discuss important school events. Students will pick up their schedules/chromebooks, have an opportunity to meet briefly with their teachers, and sign up for any after school clubs.FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL–Monday August, 6We will begin school promptly at 8:30 am! Students are can be dropped off as early as 7:30am. We will also be serving breakfast daily for $1.00 from 7:45-8:20am.FRIDAY E-LEARNING DAYS–Beginning Friday, August 10We will be dismissing school every Friday at 11:45am and students will be completing E-learning assignments from home during the afternoon. You will be receiving more information at our Back to To School Night on Thursday, August 2.Please feel free to stop in or call during our summer office hours:Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday-9am to 2pmThursday, 2:30-7:30pmLooking forward to seeing you all soon!Below is the school supplies list for 2018-19 school year:Loose Leaf Notebook PaperPencilsPensScientific Calculator (if taking a math course)Ear budsHighlighters (any color)1 Ream of Blank White Paper2 Boxes of Tissues1 Container of Clorox Wipes
- End of Year
I had a blast at the 2018 picnic and prom! We enjoyed watching students compete in the Options Olympics, enjoy food, and spend time with our Noblesville campus. We danced the night away at prom and watched our Math teacher, Phil Bertsch, have a dance off with a student! Special thank you to all of the parents that donated items for the picnic and prom. You helped make lasting memories for our staff and students.
We only have 3 full weeks of school so we will be very busy ensuring that ALL students earn every credit attempted this semester. I will be emailing parents who have students failing in any class so that we can work together to ensure they earn their credits. We will have before and after school tutoring and lunch study hall. Please email or call the school if you need your PowerSchool login information to check your student’s grades.
We have several important events, so please adhere to the following:
Hearing Test (Sophomores Only)—May 9
NWEA Testing–May 8 – 11
ECA Testing–May 9-18
Early Release (at 11:45)—May 18
Graduation Ceremony—May 30 at 6:30pm (Ritz-Charles, Carmel, Indiana)
Wow! I can’t believe we have finished the first week of school. I am having a blast reconnecting with former students and getting to know our new students. We are moving right along and students should begin receiving grades in PowerSchool beginning next week. You will be receiving your PowerSchool login information soon.
Our teachers and counselors are using “tapping” to help manage stress. Ask your students about how we are managing stress in the building. If you would like more information or would like your student to participate in emotional feeling techniques to manage their stress, please contact the school office or email me at email@example.com.
We are still enrolling students for the 2017-18 school year! We have open house on Tuesday, August 15, from 5:30-7:30 and families are also invited to come in during the school day to enroll students as well.
Finally, mark your calendars for Wednesday, August 30! We are having a “Meet the Teachers” night for our families from 5:30-7:00pm. You will have the opportunity to walk through your student’s schedule and meet their teachers, learn about classroom and building expectations, and speak with me as well!
Have a great week and hope to see you soon!