- Six more weeks!
Wow! We have less than six weeks before the end of the school year. Students will be wrapping up projects, preparing for their final exams, and our seniors will be walking across the stage before we know it!
All families were sent an email inviting them to fill out the Intent to Return form for the 2019-2020 school year. All students, including graduating seniors, need to have this form submitted. If your student is graduating, please mark the form indicating they will not be returning next year. The link you will use to fill out this form is on the bottom left side of your Parent Portal in PowerSchool. You can also use https://registration.powerschool.com/family/gosnap.aspx?action=15675&culture=en but will need your SnapCode from your email if you choose to use this link. If you are having issues or have not received an email and/or snapcode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure you complete the form as soon as possible. We will have open enrollment in June and we want to make sure your student as a seat for the 2019-20 school year.
Here are some very important dates at the Carmel campus as we progress towards summer vacation:
- April 24-25 — ISTEP+ Testing for sophomores
- May 1-2–ILEARN Biology testing for Biology students
- May 3—Spring Picnic and Prom (more info to come)
- May 6-9–NWEA testing
- May 10– Full Day E-Learning (students will be working from home on E-learning assignments)
- May 17–ASVAB at Noblesville campus from 9:00 am – 12:00pm
Have a great holiday weekend!
- Warm weather is on the horizon!
Thank you for allowing your students to participate in our ISP goal field trip to the Newport Aquarium. I am excited to announce that 84% of our students are progressing towards meeting 2 or more of their ISP goals. The teachers and I appreciate your partnership in ensuring each student has the opportunity to succeed academically, behaviorally and social-emotionally.
We are now working towards a new goal…every student passing every class by Friday, March 29th! Please make sure you check your email as teachers will be communicating with you about student grades, after school tutoring opportunities and other resources to help your student pass their classes.
Last night, we held our first Open House of 2019 and had a chance to introduce Options to a few Hamilton County families. We’ve still got five Open Houses between now and June!
Here are a few important announcements for the last few weeks before Spring Break:
- March 11th – 22nd—ISTEP+ testing for all sophomores
- March 25th—ASVAB testing
- All juniors and seniors who have opted out of taking the ISTEP+ need to be at the school no later than 8:00 AM to begin testing promptly at 8:30 AM.
- March 25th – March 29th—”Options’ Got Game!” Spirit Week!
- Monday: Candy Land – Sweet Dreams Pajama Day
- Tuesday: Scrabble – Dress up as something that starts with the same letter as your name or wear your first letter of your name and make words with your friends!
- Wednesday: The Game of Life- Dress as your future career
- Thursday: Guess Who – Dress as a TV show / movie / book character and see if we can guess who you are!
- Friday: Battleship – Battle of the classes! Freshmen and sophomores wear blue. Juniors and seniors wear gray/silver.
- April 1st – 12th—Spring Break!
That’s all for now!
- We are Family!
We are super excited to announce that we have eight new students who have joined our Options Family over the past four weeks!
One of our new students, Johnathan Cranfill and I had a chance to chat for a few minutes. I asked him specifically about his first three weeks at Options:
“I really felt welcomed and at home. I have made new friends and I enjoy all of my teachers. This school is really like a family and I am glad I chose to come here.”
We are still accepting new enrollments and would love to set up a tour for any student interested in knowing more about Options Carmel. We sincerely strive to make sure that all students “Belong, Believe, and Achieve!”
Looking forward to meeting new families and spending quality time with our current Options staff and students!
Also, we recently announced our 2019 Open House schedule, so I welcome all of our current Options families to spread the word to families that you feel could benefit from all of the great things that we have to offer.
- Working Towards Reaching Goals…Everyday
At Options, we are committed to ensuring your student feels as if they “belong” to our Options family, they “believe” in themselves in order to “achieve” their personal goals.
This is accomplished daily, through our Individualized Service Plans (ISPs). Every student on our campus created an academic goal, a behavioral goal, and a social emotional goal. Your student’s advisor has been working diligently to support them in choosing SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time specific) goals. Please feel free to ask your student about their ISP goals and how they plan to reach them.
All students who are making adequate progress on meeting their goals will receive a free pizza lunch on Thursday, February 14.
All students who are continuing to make adequate progress by the end of the quarter will be invited to travel to Bloomington for full day of skiing and snowboarding on Monday, March 4!
Looking forward to an amazing third quarter!
- NWEA Testing headlines latest announcements
Have you heard the great news?! We are pleased to announce that we will be purchasing land for our new school in Westfield, Indiana! I will be sharing more detailed information soon.
Please note the important dates/announcements for January/February:
- NWEA Testing, January 22-January 31 — All students will be NWEA testing daily. Please make sure your student is present so that we can complete testing in a timely manner.
- Opt-Out ISTEP+ Forms, Friday, February 1 — All junior and senior students who would like to pursue a CTE pathway or take the ASVAB in lieu taking the ISTEP+ will need to have their parents complete the “Opt-Out” form by Friday, February 1 at noon. If we do not have an Opt-Out form for any junior or senior, they will have to take the ISTEP+ Test.
- ISTEP+ Practice Testing, Tuesday February 5 — All sophomores and first time ISTEP+ students will be taking the practice test. If you have any questions or concerns, please email our school counselor, Melanie Terrell, email@example.com.
- President’s Day (NO SCHOOL), Monday, February 18
- ISTEP+ 10th Grade Testing, February 25 – 28 — All sophomores and first time ISTEP+ students will be taking the ELA and the Algebra ISTEP+ test from 12:30-3:00pm daily. It is absolutely essential for every sophomore to be present and ready to test. If you have any questions or concerns, please email our school counselor, Melanie Terrell, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will continue our half-day Friday dismissals at 11:45 a.m.
That’s all for now! Have a super warm January & February!
– Camille –
- Welcome Back!
We have been working hard preparing for the students’ return. We hope your family had a wonderful and restful break. We are looking forward to your student finishing strong during the spring semester.
We have a few updates so please adhere to the following announcements:
· January 21st –MLK Day No School
· January 22nd – February 1st –Winter NWEA testing
· Reminder every Friday students are dismissed at 11:45 AM
All students who have a 65% or below in any class will be asked to participate in lunch study hall and possibly after school tutoring to ensure they understand the curriculum and to raise their grade(s). Grades will be ran every Tuesday morning, starting January 15th. Parents/guardians will receive an email if their student has a 65% or lower in any class.
**We are currently running low on Kleenex, reams of copy paper and hand sanitizer. If you would like to donate any of these items please feel free to send them with your student.
I can’t believe this is my last blog for the 2018 Fall semester! We’ve had a great semester and we want to continue to work towards every student earning every credit! We have some very important information about our last week of the Fall Semester, December 17 – December 21:
- Monday December 17- Tuesday December 18
All students will be preparing for final projects/exams on Monday (Dec. 17) and Tuesday (Dec. 18). It is absolutely essential for your student to be present so they can complete study guides, work on missing assignments, and prepare for the finals on Wednesday.
- Wednesday, December 19-FINALS
All students will complete their final projects/exams on Wednesday, December 19. All students who attend school for a half day will need to be here for a full day in order to finish all of their finals. If this will be an issue due to work schedules, please have your student make arrangements with their teachers. Here is the schedule for the day:
First Block Finals (Period 1) 8:45am-10:15amSecond Block Finals (Period 2)–10:15am-11:45amLunch: 11:45am to 12:30 pmThird Block Finals (Period 3)–12:30pm – 1:45pmFourth Block Finals (Period 4)–1:45pm – 3:00pmAll 5th and 6th period Elective Finals will take place in classrooms on Monday and Tuesday.
- Thursday December 20
This is a make-up day for any student who did not take their final on Wednesday or for any student who took their final and would like to complete any missing assignments to pass their classes. If your student is not passing their classes (at least 60%) by Wednesday December 19, at 6pm, they need to report to school to work with their teachers for additional support. Please check Powerschool on Wednesday evening to check your student’s grades.
- Friday, December 21
We will dismiss school at 11:45am. All student work must be completed and finalized. Please make sure your student is picked up by noon as there will be no after school care. If your student has extenuating circumstances, please make sure you email their teachers so that they can create a plan to complete their finals over winter break.
This is also a make-up day for any student who did not take their final on Wednesday or for any student who took their final and would like to complete any missing assignments to pass their classes. If your student is not passing their classes (at least 60%) by Wednesday December 19, at 6pm, they need to report to school to work with their teachers for additional support.
Winter Break will begin Monday, December 24, 2018 – Monday January 7, 2019
Special thanks to all of our parents who continue to partner with our school to support our students! Have a wonderful holiday and a spectacular New Year!!!
- Testing, and End of 1st Semester
We have approximately 3 weeks remaining until the end of the semester. It is very important your student is in attendance every day as they will be wrapping up final projects and completing any missing assignments.
All students who are currently failing any classes will be attending lunch study hall and possibly after school tutoring until they are passing all of their classes. Camille will be reaching out to parents this week via email to help create a plan in order to best serve our students.
As we approach the testing window, please note that there have been some recent changes to the Graduation Qualifying Exam (GQE). Sophomores who did not pass the I-STEP+10 assessment last academic year (2017-18) now have the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of this requirement. Please read the information below.
Options Charter Schools offers the following in lieu of passing the I-STEP+10.
▪ Passing Score on ASVAB–Students tested in October and will retest in February and April.
▪ Career-Technical Education Concentrator–All juniors are currently enrolled in a CTE concentrator.
If you would like for your Junior level student to opt-out of taking the I-STEP in the Spring semester, please complete the attached form, with signature, and return to school by Thursday, November 29th at 3pm. For your convenience there will also be a paper copy available at the front desk. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please note to the following December calendar events:
- December 7th–Picture Retakes @ 9:30 AM. All new students, students that were absent for the first picture day, or students needing their photo retaken will need to make sure they are present and have their photo taken for a school ID even if you are not purchasing a photo packet.
- December 20th—Annual Cookies and Cocoa competition @ 2:00 PM. Students are encouraged to bring in their favorite baked goods to share. Prizes will be awarded for different categories.
- December 24th– January 7th —Winter Break
- Hello November!
I can’t believe how quickly this semester is moving along. Students will be choosing their electives for the spring semester and our seniors have just finished ordering their graduation gear. Please continue to support your student by checking their grades on PowerSchool every Monday after 6:00 PM. Because of your continued support, our missing assignment list was cut in half this past week.
Here are a few events for the month of November:
- Thursday, November 15th at 9:30 AM –Picture retakes. Please make sure your student is present for retakes if they missed the initial picture day. All students need to have their photo taken for a school ID even if you are not purchasing a photo package.
- Tuesday, November 20th—Our annual family Thanksgiving lunch Feast. Parents are welcome to attend. We will be sending out more information on this event in the near future.
- Wednesday, November 21st-Friday November 23rd—No School for Thanksgiving Break
- Remember we dismiss at 11:45 AM every Friday.
We still have open seats available for enrollment. Please feel free to share this information with your family and friends.
Wishing you a warm and safe November as we enter into the holiday season,
- Happy Fall
Happy Fall! Who else is ready for hoodies, bonfires, boots, jeans, crisp cool air, hot cocoa, football and beautiful fall colors? I know I am! We have a very busy and bustling month ahead. Please make sure you read the following October dates carefully.
October 3rd—Hearing Screenings for all 10th graders and any new student to the Options Charter School Carmel (grades 9-12).
October 5th— Early dismissal (student’s dismissed at 11:45 AM)
October 9th—Picture Day. Students MUST get their photo taken in order to get a school ID even if you are not purchasing a package. Information from Lifetouch will be sent home with your students by Friday, September 28th.
October 10th—PSATs for all sophomores and juniors. We must start the test promptly at 8:30 AM so please ensure your student arrives on time.
October 12th—Early dismissal (student’s dismissed at 11:45 AM)
October 15th-19th—No School (Fall Break)
October 23rd—Herff Jones presentation for Seniors at 9:30 AM (cap & gown, graduation announcements, etc)
October 26th— Early dismissal (student’s dismissed at 11:45 AM)
October 30th—Senior Family Night with Herff Jones 5:00 PM- 7:00 PM (seniors will order their cap & gowns, announcements, etc. Dinner will be served as well.)
October 31st—ASVAB testing for juniors and any senior who would like to retake the exam
The State Bill 65 form will be coming home in the mail next week if we have not already received a copy from you. This will be the final copy that we will be sending out. If we do not receive the form back, the school will assume your approval.
- Mid-term GradesWow! What a great start to the school year. Parents have just received their students’ mid-term grades and students are actively working towards earning credits for the fall semester. Our school year focus is “Every Student, Every Credit, Every Semester.” Please let us know how we can support your student. If you do not have your PowerSchool Login, please email Jenny, email@example.com ,so that you can have access to your student’s grades.Here are some important dates for the month of September:September 17-21–NWEA TestingSeptember 20–Junior/Senior College Fair Field TripSeptember 21—11:45am DismissalSeptember 27–Canoe TripHave a super week and please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns!
- Fall Picnic ’18We are currently finishing up week 5 and students are making adequate progress towards earning credits. Our Fall semester goal is for every student to earn every credit!Students are making up missing assignments in preparation for midterm grade reports. Parents, please make sure you check PowerSchool on Wednesday, September 12. Your student’s mid-term grades will be finalize on September 12th. All students who are failing any class will be asked to make arrangements to stay after school to get additional support from teachers. If you do not have access to your PowerSchool username and password, please email Jenny, firstname.lastname@example.org.Our annual Fall picnic will be Friday, September 7th. Please feel free to donate chips, canned drinks or desserts. This is considered a normal school day for attendance and the expectation is that every student attend the picnic. All students who would like to ride the bus need to be at school no later than 9:00am to secure a seat on the bus. There will be no staff members on campus after 9:15. We will return to school at approximately 2:30pm. Students need to be picked up from campus by 3:00pm.We still have open seats for enrollment! Please feel free to contact family and friends who would like to enroll at Options. We have Open Houses scheduled for Thursday, September 6 & 13.Friendly Reminders for the month of September:Friday September 14, 21, 28–Half Day (Students need to be picked up by 11:45am)NWEA Testing September 17-21Thanks so much for your continued support!
- End of August
I can’t believe August is almost coming to a close! We still have open enrollment and limited seats available. Please feel free to share your student’s experience with other families so they can enroll as well. We have Open Houses for interested families every Thursday from 5:30-7:30.
All junior and senior parents should have received their students’ Spring 2018 ISTEP+ results in the mail. If you did not receive the letter, please email Jenny, email@example.com.
Please make sure that all seniors are well rested and ready to take the ASVAB on Wednesday, August 28. Seniors can take the ASVAB to qualify for graduation if they have not passed the ISTEP+. They need to arrive by 8:20am.
Student will be dismissed on this Friday, August 31 at 11:45am and Labor Day is Monday, September 3 and we will not have school. Enjoy your three-day weekend!
Our annual Fall picnic will be on Friday, September 7 at Roy G. Holland Memorial Park, 1 Park Dr., Fishers IN, 46038 from 10:00am-1:00pm. Parents can drop off and pick up students from the park. Please feel free to send chips, snacks, soda or desserts with your student.
Here are some friendly reminders of some very important dates for the month of September:
September 14, 21, & 28—Half Day (11:45 dismissal) for Staff Professional Development
September 17-21—NWEA Testing
Have a super week!
- Welcome Back!
Wow! I can’t believe we have finished the first week of school. I am having a blast reconnecting with former students and getting to know our new students. We are moving right along and students should have received their first week’s grades. If you have not already received your Parent Powerschool Login information via email you will be receiving it within the next few days. If you have not received it by the end of the week, please email Jenny, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are still enrolling students for the 2018-19 school year! We have open house every Thursday from 5:30-7:30. Please feel free to refer families that would like to become a part of our Options family. You can email our Director of Recruitment, CJ Franklin for more information, email@example.com.
Finally, please place the following August events on your calendar:
Friday, August 17—Half day for students, Dismissal at 11:45
Friday, August 24—Half day for students, Dismissal at 11:45
Wednesday August 29—ASVAB for Seniors, 8:30-11:30am
Friday, August 31—Half day for students, Dismissal at 11:45
Looking forward to a great school year!
Camille Scott Tolliver
- Back to School InformationBACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT–Thursday, August 2nd 4:30-7:30pmAll Options families need to attend this event. Parents/guardians will need to complete updated enrollment information, pay book fees and lunch money, sign chromebook agreement forms, and meet with the principal to discuss important school events. Students will pick up their schedules/chromebooks, have an opportunity to meet briefly with their teachers, and sign up for any after school clubs.FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL–Monday August, 6We will begin school promptly at 8:30 am! Students are can be dropped off as early as 7:30am. We will also be serving breakfast daily for $1.00 from 7:45-8:20am.FRIDAY E-LEARNING DAYS–Beginning Friday, August 10We will be dismissing school every Friday at 11:45am and students will be completing E-learning assignments from home during the afternoon. You will be receiving more information at our Back to To School Night on Thursday, August 2.Please feel free to stop in or call during our summer office hours:Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday-9am to 2pmThursday, 2:30-7:30pmLooking forward to seeing you all soon!Below is the school supplies list for 2018-19 school year:Loose Leaf Notebook PaperPencilsPensScientific Calculator (if taking a math course)Ear budsHighlighters (any color)1 Ream of Blank White Paper2 Boxes of Tissues1 Container of Clorox Wipes
- End of Year
I had a blast at the 2018 picnic and prom! We enjoyed watching students compete in the Options Olympics, enjoy food, and spend time with our Noblesville campus. We danced the night away at prom and watched our Math teacher, Phil Bertsch, have a dance off with a student! Special thank you to all of the parents that donated items for the picnic and prom. You helped make lasting memories for our staff and students.
We only have 3 full weeks of school so we will be very busy ensuring that ALL students earn every credit attempted this semester. I will be emailing parents who have students failing in any class so that we can work together to ensure they earn their credits. We will have before and after school tutoring and lunch study hall. Please email or call the school if you need your PowerSchool login information to check your student’s grades.
We have several important events, so please adhere to the following:
Hearing Test (Sophomores Only)—May 9
NWEA Testing–May 8 – 11
ECA Testing–May 9-18
Early Release (at 11:45)—May 18
Graduation Ceremony—May 30 at 6:30pm (Ritz-Charles, Carmel, Indiana)
- Only 5 Weeks Left of School!
We are moving right along with only 5 ½ weeks remaining until the last day of school. Students are working to get their coursework completed and getting ready to take their end of course assessments. We are currently having open enrollment for the 2018-19 school year. Please let your family and friends know about Thursday evening Open Houses beginning May 3 from 5:30-7:30.
We also have several important events scheduled over the next two weeks:
April 16-27–ISTEP+ Testing for sophomores and juniors
May 3—Open House for Potential 2018-19 Students
May 4—Picnic and Prom
May 7-11—NWEA Testing
May 9-18—ECA Testing
Please check your email daily as we will be sending detailed information about each event!
I can’t believe we are finished with our third quarter! Students will be on Spring Break for the next two weeks and will return to school Monday, April 9th.
Below are a few reminders for the month of April:
April 10th – ASVAB Practice testing for all junior students. This test may be used as a graduation requirement in lieu of passing the ISTEP+. All juniors have study packets and should be prepared to do their best on this test.
April 16th –May 4th – ISTEP+ Part 2 for 10th graders and 11th graders that need to retest.
April 30th – May 4th –NWEA testing. This is the progress-monitoring test used to show academic growth throughout the school year. Students need to put forth their best effort and arrive to school well rested.
Please assist us in helping our students finish strong for the remainder of the school year. It is typical for students to feel less motivated as the school year comes to a close. We will still continue our missing assignment procedures and will keep you updated weekly on your student’s progress. Thank you so much for your support and have an amazing Spring Break!
- Welcome Back!
We have had an amazing kickoff to the spring semester! We just celebrated having 99% of our students earn every credit during our Fall Semester and they have made a pledge to continue to turn in every assignment for the Spring Semester. We have enrolled several new students and our current students and staff members have welcomed them to our Options family. I’m looking forward to a great semester. Here are a few reminders for the month of January.
Friday, January 19, from 12:30-3:00pm—National Popcorn Day
We will be celebrating by watching 6 different movies in 6 different classrooms. We will be serving popcorn and drinks as students kick back to watch their favorite movies with their teachers and friends.
Monday, January 22-26—National School Choice Week
We will be celebrating Options Charters School and helping students appreciate their right choose their school based on their individual needs with various events throughout the week!
Please check your emails for our February Newsletter
Have a great month and stay warm!
- Fall Break Around the Corner
Wow! Where has the time gone? We are two weeks away from Fall Break! I am so excited about our new enrollments and getting the opportunity to catch up with all of our students. We are currently having elections for our student government and preparing ideas for fundraisers for the 2017-18 school year.
As we are preparing students to turn in assignments prior to fall break, cell phones are becoming an issue in class. Students are texting and sending videos during class time and not completing their assignments. I would appreciate your support in this effort.
We have a very busy month ahead of us so here are a few friendly reminders:
Students will now pre-order lunch every Tuesday for the following week. The cost of lunch, beginning Monday, October 2nd will be $3.75. Students that qualify for free lunches will not be charged and students that qualify for reduced lunches will pay $1.00. If your student orders lunch, you are responsible for the cost of the meal even if your student is absent. We will not have extra lunches for students who do not pre-order.
Picture day is October 6th. Order forms will be going home with your students today. You can also order online at mylifetouch.com using picture day ID HM787176Y0.
PSATs are October 11th for every sophomore and junior student
Spirit Wear order forms are due by Friday, October 13
Fall Break is October 16th – 20th
Have a super week and feel free to email, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns!
- New School Year!
I can’t believe August is almost coming to a close! We still have open enrollment and limited seats available. Please feel free to share your student’s experience with other families so they can enroll as well. We have Open Houses for interested families every Tuesday from 5:30-7:30.
Don’t forget that our annual Fall picnic will be on Friday, September 1 at Roy G. Holland Memorial Park, 1 Park Dr., Fishers IN, 46038 from 10:00am-1:00pm. Parents can drop off and pick up students from the park. We will be located in the Picnic Shelter directly in the middle of the park. Please feel free to send chips, snacks, soda or desserts with your student.
Here are some friendly reminders of some very important dates for the month of September:
September 8—Half Day (12:45 dismissal) for Staff Professional Development
September 18—NWEA Testing Begins
September 22—Half Day (12:45 dismissal) for ISP Day
- Welcome Back!!!
We hope you had an enjoyable summer with family and friends. We are very excited about the 2017-18 school year, especially our newly renovated campuses! The construction team, administration team, and teachers have been working diligently to make sure our campuses will be ready for students. Please mark your calendars for these very important dates:
Thursday, August 3–Back to School Night, 5:00-7:30pm
We will be hosting a Back To School Night on Thursday, August 3 from 5:00-7:30pm at both campuses. It it is absolutely essential that both parents and students attend as we will be updating enrollment information, completing and updating school schedules, distributing chromebooks, issuing parent PowerSchool information, and answering any questions or concerns about the upcoming school year!
Monday, August 7—First Day of School
The first day of school is on Monday, August 7. Students, please come prepared with your school supplies and chromebooks charged and ready to go!
- April 17-28
I can’t believe we only have six weeks of school left for the 2016-17 school year! We are wrapping up the semester with our “Think Strong, Be Strong, Finish Strong” theme where students are encouraged to earn all of their credits and take their time on their standardized tests. Please contact Jenny if you need any assistance with PowerSchool logins so that you can monitor your child’s grades. We still have after school tutoring available for the remainder of the school year on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 3:15-6:00pm.
Summer school applications will be sent home and emailed to parents on Wednesday, April 19. The deadline for the submission of summer school applications will be Friday, May 5.
We have several events for the months of April & May:
April 18-28—ISTEP+ Testing for sophomores (please have your student here by 8:20am)
May 2-11—ECA Testing for juniors and seniors (please have your student here by 8:20am)
May 5—Summer School applications are due
May 5—Options School Picnic 10:00am-1:00pm at Dillon Park in Noblesville.
May 5—Options School Prom—7:30pm-10:30 at Ivy Tech Noblesville
Enjoy this nice spring weather and contact our office if you have any questions or concerns about our April and May events!
- March 17-24
Thank you for being extremely patient with our ISTEP+ testing over the past two weeks. Sophomore students were able to complete their tests and the rest of the student body was able to work on missing assignments, projects, and even work ahead during their study hall time.
During the week of March 20-24, we will have a building-wide effort to ensure all students have a passing grade in every class before starting spring break. We will be asking students and parents to make adjustments in their schedules for lunch and after school tutoring. Please email Jenny if you do not have your PowerSchool username and password to check your student’s grades.
Here a few important dates for the month of March:
Friday, March 17 @ 2:30pm—St. Patrick’s Day Celebration (please bring a treat to share)
Friday, March 24—Early dismissal at 11:45am
Friday March 24 – Friday April 7—Spring Break
Thanks Parents for all of your support! Have an amazing week!
- February 8-22
What an amazing start to the month of February! We are on the right track to our goal this semester, “Every student earns their credits by May 2017!” Students are monitoring their own academic progress by checking their grades on PowerSchool, meeting with teachers, working on assignments during lunch, and staying after school to make sure they have their assignments completed. We have tutoring on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3:15-6:00pm if you would like for your child to take advantage of working on their assignments. Please feel free to contact the school if you need the PowerSchool information to check your child’s grades.
We will be having a Valentine’s Day celebration on Tuesday, February 14 at 2:15pm. Please feel free to send sweet treats to with your child and come and join us!
We are currently in the process of preparing our sophomores for the ISTEP+ test that will take place February 27—March 10. We will begin practice testing on Tuesday and Wednesday, February 21 and 22. You should be receiving an email and a letter with the exact dates and times for your sophomore student. Please mark your calendars for the following dates:
Friday, February 10—Half Day for Students (Dismissal at 11:45)
Tuesday, February 14 @ 2:15pm—Valentine’s Day Celebration
Monday, February 20—President’s Day (No School)
Thanks Parents for all of your support! Have an amazing week!
Wow! I can’t believe we have finished the first week of school. I am having a blast reconnecting with former students and getting to know our new students. We are moving right along and students should begin receiving grades in PowerSchool beginning next week. You will be receiving your PowerSchool login information soon.
Our teachers and counselors are using “tapping” to help manage stress. Ask your students about how we are managing stress in the building. If you would like more information or would like your student to participate in emotional feeling techniques to manage their stress, please contact the school office or email me at email@example.com.
We are still enrolling students for the 2017-18 school year! We have open house on Tuesday, August 15, from 5:30-7:30 and families are also invited to come in during the school day to enroll students as well.
Finally, mark your calendars for Wednesday, August 30! We are having a “Meet the Teachers” night for our families from 5:30-7:00pm. You will have the opportunity to walk through your student’s schedule and meet their teachers, learn about classroom and building expectations, and speak with me as well!
Have a great week and hope to see you soon!