We have approximately 3 weeks remaining until the end of the semester. It is very important your student is in attendance every day as they will be wrapping up final projects and completing any missing assignments.
All students who are currently failing any classes will be attending lunch study hall and possibly after school tutoring until they are passing all of their classes. Camille will be reaching out to parents this week via email to help create a plan in order to best serve our students.
As we approach the testing window, please note that there have been some recent changes to the Graduation Qualifying Exam (GQE). Sophomores who did not pass the I-STEP+10 assessment last academic year (2017-18) now have the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of this requirement. Please read the information below.
Options Charter Schools offers the following in lieu of passing the I-STEP+10.
▪ Passing Score on ASVAB–Students tested in October and will retest in February and April.
▪ Career-Technical Education Concentrator–All juniors are currently enrolled in a CTE concentrator.
If you would like for your Junior level student to opt-out of taking the I-STEP in the Spring semester, please complete the attached form, with signature, and return to school by Thursday, November 29th at 3pm. For your convenience there will also be a paper copy available at the front desk. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please note to the following December calendar events:
- December 7th–Picture Retakes @ 9:30 AM. All new students, students that were absent for the first picture day, or students needing their photo retaken will need to make sure they are present and have their photo taken for a school ID even if you are not purchasing a photo packet.
- December 20th—Annual Cookies and Cocoa competition @ 2:00 PM. Students are encouraged to bring in their favorite baked goods to share. Prizes will be awarded for different categories.
- December 24th– January 7th —Winter Break