Pennies for Patients raises money for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society whose mission is to cure blood cancers and improve the lives of patients and their families.
Options-Carmel has participated in this fundraiser for many years. The school goal this year is to raise $500. The advising groups will be competing to see which group can raise the most money. The winning advising group will win a pizza party. Collection will end on Friday, January 31.
You can help by donating online through the Pennies for Patients website or sending in money with your Options-Carmel student.
Some important facts about Leukemia and Lymphoma:
- Approximately every 3 minutes someone in the United States is diagnosed with blood cancer.
- Leukemia is the #1 most diagnosed form of childhood cancer.
- Approximately 80% of childhood cancer survivors develop a chronic health condition from their treatment.
- More than 1.3 million people are living with or in remission from blood cancer.
- More than 1/3 of blood cancer patients do not survive 5 years after diagnosis.
Please contact Gretchen at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.