Thank you for allowing your students to participate in our ISP goal field trip to the Newport Aquarium. I am excited to announce that 84% of our students are progressing towards meeting 2 or more of their ISP goals. The teachers and I appreciate your partnership in ensuring each student has the opportunity to succeed academically, behaviorally and social-emotionally.
We are now working towards a new goal…every student passing every class by Friday, March 29th! Please make sure you check your email as teachers will be communicating with you about student grades, after school tutoring opportunities and other resources to help your student pass their classes.
Last night, we held our first Open House of 2019 and had a chance to introduce Options to a few Hamilton County families. We’ve still got five Open Houses between now and June!
Here are a few important announcements for the last few weeks before Spring Break:
- March 11th – 22nd—ISTEP+ testing for all sophomores
- March 25th—ASVAB testing
- All juniors and seniors who have opted out of taking the ISTEP+ need to be at the school no later than 8:00 AM to begin testing promptly at 8:30 AM.
- March 25th – March 29th—”Options’ Got Game!” Spirit Week!
- Monday: Candy Land – Sweet Dreams Pajama Day
- Tuesday: Scrabble – Dress up as something that starts with the same letter as your name or wear your first letter of your name and make words with your friends!
- Wednesday: The Game of Life- Dress as your future career
- Thursday: Guess Who – Dress as a TV show / movie / book character and see if we can guess who you are!
- Friday: Battleship – Battle of the classes! Freshmen and sophomores wear blue. Juniors and seniors wear gray/silver.
- April 1st – 12th—Spring Break!
That’s all for now!