- Mid-term GradesWow! What a great start to the school year. Parents have just received their students’ mid-term grades and students are actively working towards earning credits for the fall semester. Our school year focus is “Every Student, Every Credit, Every Semester.” Please let us know how we can support your student. If you do not have your PowerSchool Login, please email Jenny, email@example.com ,so that you can have access to your student’s grades.Here are some important dates for the month of September:September 17-21–NWEA TestingSeptember 20–Junior/Senior College Fair Field TripSeptember 21—11:45am DismissalSeptember 27–Canoe TripHave a super week and please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns!
- Fall Picnic ’18We are currently finishing up week 5 and students are making adequate progress towards earning credits. Our Fall semester goal is for every student to earn every credit!Students are making up missing assignments in preparation for midterm grade reports. Parents, please make sure you check PowerSchool on Wednesday, September 12. Your student’s mid-term grades will be finalize on September 12th. All students who are failing any class will be asked to make arrangements to stay after school to get additional support from teachers. If you do not have access to your PowerSchool username and password, please email Jenny, firstname.lastname@example.org.Our annual Fall picnic will be Friday, September 7th. Please feel free to donate chips, canned drinks or desserts. This is considered a normal school day for attendance and the expectation is that every student attend the picnic. All students who would like to ride the bus need to be at school no later than 9:00am to secure a seat on the bus. There will be no staff members on campus after 9:15. We will return to school at approximately 2:30pm. Students need to be picked up from campus by 3:00pm.We still have open seats for enrollment! Please feel free to contact family and friends who would like to enroll at Options. We have Open Houses scheduled for Thursday, September 6 & 13.Friendly Reminders for the month of September:Friday September 14, 21, 28–Half Day (Students need to be picked up by 11:45am)NWEA Testing September 17-21Thanks so much for your continued support!
- End of August
I can’t believe August is almost coming to a close! We still have open enrollment and limited seats available. Please feel free to share your student’s experience with other families so they can enroll as well. We have Open Houses for interested families every Thursday from 5:30-7:30.
All junior and senior parents should have received their students’ Spring 2018 ISTEP+ results in the mail. If you did not receive the letter, please email Jenny, email@example.com.
Please make sure that all seniors are well rested and ready to take the ASVAB on Wednesday, August 28. Seniors can take the ASVAB to qualify for graduation if they have not passed the ISTEP+. They need to arrive by 8:20am.
Student will be dismissed on this Friday, August 31 at 11:45am and Labor Day is Monday, September 3 and we will not have school. Enjoy your three-day weekend!
Our annual Fall picnic will be on Friday, September 7 at Roy G. Holland Memorial Park, 1 Park Dr., Fishers IN, 46038 from 10:00am-1:00pm. Parents can drop off and pick up students from the park. Please feel free to send chips, snacks, soda or desserts with your student.
Here are some friendly reminders of some very important dates for the month of September:
September 14, 21, & 28—Half Day (11:45 dismissal) for Staff Professional Development
September 17-21—NWEA Testing
Have a super week!
- Welcome Back!
Wow! I can’t believe we have finished the first week of school. I am having a blast reconnecting with former students and getting to know our new students. We are moving right along and students should have received their first week’s grades. If you have not already received your Parent Powerschool Login information via email you will be receiving it within the next few days. If you have not received it by the end of the week, please email Jenny, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are still enrolling students for the 2018-19 school year! We have open house every Thursday from 5:30-7:30. Please feel free to refer families that would like to become a part of our Options family. You can email our Director of Recruitment, CJ Franklin for more information, email@example.com.
Finally, please place the following August events on your calendar:
Friday, August 17—Half day for students, Dismissal at 11:45
Friday, August 24—Half day for students, Dismissal at 11:45
Wednesday August 29—ASVAB for Seniors, 8:30-11:30am
Friday, August 31—Half day for students, Dismissal at 11:45
Looking forward to a great school year!
Camille Scott Tolliver
- Back to School InformationBACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT–Thursday, August 2nd 4:30-7:30pmAll Options families need to attend this event. Parents/guardians will need to complete updated enrollment information, pay book fees and lunch money, sign chromebook agreement forms, and meet with the principal to discuss important school events. Students will pick up their schedules/chromebooks, have an opportunity to meet briefly with their teachers, and sign up for any after school clubs.FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL–Monday August, 6We will begin school promptly at 8:30 am! Students are can be dropped off as early as 7:30am. We will also be serving breakfast daily for $1.00 from 7:45-8:20am.FRIDAY E-LEARNING DAYS–Beginning Friday, August 10We will be dismissing school every Friday at 11:45am and students will be completing E-learning assignments from home during the afternoon. You will be receiving more information at our Back to To School Night on Thursday, August 2.Please feel free to stop in or call during our summer office hours:Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday-9am to 2pmThursday, 2:30-7:30pmLooking forward to seeing you all soon!Below is the school supplies list for 2018-19 school year:Loose Leaf Notebook PaperPencilsPensScientific Calculator (if taking a math course)Ear budsHighlighters (any color)1 Ream of Blank White Paper2 Boxes of Tissues1 Container of Clorox Wipes
- End of Year
I had a blast at the 2018 picnic and prom! We enjoyed watching students compete in the Options Olympics, enjoy food, and spend time with our Noblesville campus. We danced the night away at prom and watched our Math teacher, Phil Bertsch, have a dance off with a student! Special thank you to all of the parents that donated items for the picnic and prom. You helped make lasting memories for our staff and students.
We only have 3 full weeks of school so we will be very busy ensuring that ALL students earn every credit attempted this semester. I will be emailing parents who have students failing in any class so that we can work together to ensure they earn their credits. We will have before and after school tutoring and lunch study hall. Please email or call the school if you need your PowerSchool login information to check your student’s grades.
We have several important events, so please adhere to the following:
Hearing Test (Sophomores Only)—May 9
NWEA Testing–May 8 – 11
ECA Testing–May 9-18
Early Release (at 11:45)—May 18
Graduation Ceremony—May 30 at 6:30pm (Ritz-Charles, Carmel, Indiana)
- Only 5 Weeks Left of School!
We are moving right along with only 5 ½ weeks remaining until the last day of school. Students are working to get their coursework completed and getting ready to take their end of course assessments. We are currently having open enrollment for the 2018-19 school year. Please let your family and friends know about Thursday evening Open Houses beginning May 3 from 5:30-7:30.
We also have several important events scheduled over the next two weeks:
April 16-27–ISTEP+ Testing for sophomores and juniors
May 3—Open House for Potential 2018-19 Students
May 4—Picnic and Prom
May 7-11—NWEA Testing
May 9-18—ECA Testing
Please check your email daily as we will be sending detailed information about each event!
I can’t believe we are finished with our third quarter! Students will be on Spring Break for the next two weeks and will return to school Monday, April 9th.
Below are a few reminders for the month of April:
April 10th – ASVAB Practice testing for all junior students. This test may be used as a graduation requirement in lieu of passing the ISTEP+. All juniors have study packets and should be prepared to do their best on this test.
April 16th –May 4th – ISTEP+ Part 2 for 10th graders and 11th graders that need to retest.
April 30th – May 4th –NWEA testing. This is the progress-monitoring test used to show academic growth throughout the school year. Students need to put forth their best effort and arrive to school well rested.
Please assist us in helping our students finish strong for the remainder of the school year. It is typical for students to feel less motivated as the school year comes to a close. We will still continue our missing assignment procedures and will keep you updated weekly on your student’s progress. Thank you so much for your support and have an amazing Spring Break!
- Welcome Back!
We have had an amazing kickoff to the spring semester! We just celebrated having 99% of our students earn every credit during our Fall Semester and they have made a pledge to continue to turn in every assignment for the Spring Semester. We have enrolled several new students and our current students and staff members have welcomed them to our Options family. I’m looking forward to a great semester. Here are a few reminders for the month of January.
Friday, January 19, from 12:30-3:00pm—National Popcorn Day
We will be celebrating by watching 6 different movies in 6 different classrooms. We will be serving popcorn and drinks as students kick back to watch their favorite movies with their teachers and friends.
Monday, January 22-26—National School Choice Week
We will be celebrating Options Charters School and helping students appreciate their right choose their school based on their individual needs with various events throughout the week!
Please check your emails for our February Newsletter
Have a great month and stay warm!
- Fall Break Around the Corner
Wow! Where has the time gone? We are two weeks away from Fall Break! I am so excited about our new enrollments and getting the opportunity to catch up with all of our students. We are currently having elections for our student government and preparing ideas for fundraisers for the 2017-18 school year.
As we are preparing students to turn in assignments prior to fall break, cell phones are becoming an issue in class. Students are texting and sending videos during class time and not completing their assignments. I would appreciate your support in this effort.
We have a very busy month ahead of us so here are a few friendly reminders:
Students will now pre-order lunch every Tuesday for the following week. The cost of lunch, beginning Monday, October 2nd will be $3.75. Students that qualify for free lunches will not be charged and students that qualify for reduced lunches will pay $1.00. If your student orders lunch, you are responsible for the cost of the meal even if your student is absent. We will not have extra lunches for students who do not pre-order.
Picture day is October 6th. Order forms will be going home with your students today. You can also order online at mylifetouch.com using picture day ID HM787176Y0.
PSATs are October 11th for every sophomore and junior student
Spirit Wear order forms are due by Friday, October 13
Fall Break is October 16th – 20th
Have a super week and feel free to email, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns!
Wow! I can’t believe we have finished the first week of school. I am having a blast reconnecting with former students and getting to know our new students. We are moving right along and students should begin receiving grades in PowerSchool beginning next week. You will be receiving your PowerSchool login information soon.
Our teachers and counselors are using “tapping” to help manage stress. Ask your students about how we are managing stress in the building. If you would like more information or would like your student to participate in emotional feeling techniques to manage their stress, please contact the school office or email me at email@example.com.
We are still enrolling students for the 2017-18 school year! We have open house on Tuesday, August 15, from 5:30-7:30 and families are also invited to come in during the school day to enroll students as well.
Finally, mark your calendars for Wednesday, August 30! We are having a “Meet the Teachers” night for our families from 5:30-7:00pm. You will have the opportunity to walk through your student’s schedule and meet their teachers, learn about classroom and building expectations, and speak with me as well!
Have a great week and hope to see you soon!